November 13, 2019
Does your dog need high energy output during the day? Perhaps your pup needs some socialization time, or the weather is too cold, hot or rainy to venture outside. Then one of our Outdoor or Indoor Doggy Adventures offered all year long, would be perfect.
Has your poor pooch been cooped up inside due to the unseasonable November freezing temps and wind chills? If yes, we recommend an indoor Doggy Adventure.
Our summer and fall Doggy Adventures were extremely popular this year. Because of this, we recently added 4 new Adventures to our line up for the winter. Many of our outdoor hikes are a great choice on winter days that are at or above freezing. When the temperature falls to an uncomfortable level that is unsafe for dogs to be out for an extended period of time, we have our new indoor Adventures.
From swim time at a local pool to a sensory overload experience at a local pet store or a greenhouse, your dog will have a wonderful interactive experience. When you return home at the end of the day, your dog will be relaxed and ready to greet you.
Doggy Adventures are available 9am-4pm, Monday-Friday and occasional weekends. Max of two dogs/adventure. All outings include a story of your dog’s Adventure with pictures and a report card posted immediately following the visit to your personal and secure online client portal.
Which Adventure would your dog prefer?
- PetSmart or Petco (1 or 1.5 hours) – delicious sites and scents on days when it is just too cold to be outside
- Lowes or Home Depot (1 or 1.5 hours) – new people to meet and sounds to engage with on a blistery cold or rainy day
- Woof Meow (1 or 1.5 hours) – 15 or 30-minute indoor swim and pet store sniff-o-rama (must be booked in advance so we can reserve pool time) in Dover, NH
- Wentworth Greenhouses (1 or 1.5 hours) – a sensory experience overload while your pup is immersed in indoor sunshine in Rollinsford, NH
- Friendly Pets Dog Park (1 or 1.5 hour) – socializing, running and toy playing in Lee, NH
- Blue Job Mountain (2 hours) – a mountain hike in Strafford, NH (seasonal)
- Willand Pond (1.5 hours) – trail hike in Somersworth, NH
- Wagon Hill Farm (1.5 hours) – trail hike at an old farm on the coast in Durham, NH
- Stonehouse Pond & Forest (1.5 hours) – trail hike in Barrington, NH
- Northwood Meadows State Park (1.5 hours) – trail hike in Northwood, NH
We are always adding new Doggy Adventures and welcome your suggestions/recommendations.
Would you like to save 25% off our Doggy Adventures? You can with the purchase of a Barrington PTA discount card. This is an annual fundraiser for the local PTA that will earn you lots of savings and discounts with local businesses, including It Takes a Village Pet Care.
Book a Doggy Adventure
To reserve an Adventure for your dog, complete our Pet Care Request form. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 hours (M-F, 9am-5pm) to book your Adventure.