Pets are special members of the family
When looking for quality care, it is important to consider the personality and temperament, as well as the level of experience, of the sitter who will care for your pets when you can’t be there for them. With It Takes a Village Pet Care, you can rest assured that your pets are in caring, loving, experienced hands.
- Dedicated Pet Care Team – your pet care team consists of a primary, secondary and tertiary provider to ensure that there is always back up care for your pets should your primary pet care provider be unavailable.
- Village Care – once you are a customer, our Village will be there to support you 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, 365 days/year.
- Pet Safety – all team members are required to obtain their pet first aid/CPR certification within 30 days of employment.
- Insurance Coverage – team members are insured and bonded. Should a situation arise, you are covered.
- Security – all team members complete a county and federal background screening.
- Resources – we offer additional resources on our website that will connect you with other pet industry businesses as well as educate you about sustainable living – helping you earn all three Earth Care Rewards™.
- Private online customer portal – your pet care team will share updates and pictures after each visit through your personal online portal. You can also download a handy app to your mobile device for easy access to your pet care schedule, pet’s information, vital documents and more.
- Custom Care Plan - we will create a plan customized to your pet's unique needs. After answering a series of questions and having a discussion about your pet care goals, we will develop a plan to help guide the team in caring for your pet(s) per your exact specifications.
Our services are available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, 365 days a year, including major holidays (additional charge). We service customers in the communities of Barrington, Lee, Durham, Madbury, Nottingham, Dover, Gonic, Northwood, Strafford and Newmarket (dog walking only).
Professional Pet Care
Once you experience our professional pet care services at your home, you’ll never worry about being away from your pet(s) again.
In addition to concerns about leaving pet(s) alone for several hours, pet owners have expressed anxiety about the safety of their home while they are on vacation. During our pet care visit, we can also assist with the safekeeping of your house. This includes collecting mail, turning on/off lights, closing/opening shades/drapes, shoveling walk ways, managing any lawn care/plowing needs, watering/feeding plants, waiting for cable/septic/furnace cleaning/pest management professionals, etc. Many of these services are complimentary and can be requested as needed.
Benefits of At-Home Pet Care
- Staying at home in a safe, secure environment
- Being surrounded by familiar sights, smells and sounds
- Following a regular diet and exercise routine
- Having quality play time
- Receiving love and personal attention
- Maintaining medical treatment, when required
- Having someone responsible in case of an emergency
- Eliminating the trauma of travel or an unfamiliar environment
- Helping to ensure good health (no exposure to other animals’ illness or parasites)