Daily Dog Care
Professional dog care services offer peace of mind
Does your dog seem lonely, depressed or bored? Is your dog having accidents during the day? Is your dog overweight? According to the Association for Pet Obesity Prevention, 56% of dogs in the U.S. were overweight or obese in 2017. This was up 2% from their 2016 findings.
Dogs love to walk and play! They need exercise and mental stimulation, and enjoy interacting with their environment. However, if you have a busy schedule or work long hours, it may not be possible for you to give your furry friend the time and attention he/she deserves during the day.
It Takes a Village Pet Care’s professional pet care and dog walking team will help alleviate the stress of making sure your dog receives the proper amount of exercise. Studies have shown that for overweight dogs, a 30-minute walk, three times per week can reduce blood pressure, increase energy, improve sense of well-being, and lower a dog’s weight by 15%.
Dog Care Discount Rate
Customers who schedule three or more, 30-, 40-, or 60-minute dog care visits in the same week, Monday-Friday, will earn a discounted rate. We also offer as needed pricing Monday-Friday and on weekends.
When you return home at the end of the day, your dog will be relaxed and anxious to greet you after an exciting day. This makes the end-of-the-day reunion enjoyable for both of you.
Puppies, Senior & Special Needs Pets
Every dog is special and has its own unique needs. We will meet with you and your furry friend to discuss your needs and create a Custom Care Plan (CCP). A CCP is customized to your dog's specific needs. After answering a series of questions and discussing your pet care goals, we will develop a plan to help guide you and our team in caring for your pet(s) per your exact specifications.
A complete range of dog care services
- Puppies bring lots of love and joy into a home, but they also require lots of attention and help establishing a potty training/resting and appropriate playtime routine. Let us help with the growth and development of your new fur baby.
- We help puppy become acclimated to all types of sights, sounds, and smells in a positive manner. This includes exposure to safely riding in cars to reach a destination where puppy can learn and engage with different surroundings.
- Visits are customized to your dog’s needs and energy level. Whether your pup needs a potty break, playtime or high-energy output, we can help. Our professional dog walkers practice proper dog walking techniques and leash manners.
- Your dog will be transported by pet taxi to the destination of your choice for more stimulation, exercise and socialization. We supply the treats and fresh water. Pup will also be clean, and towel dried as needed and safely transported home to rest.
- Join other dog lovers for a monthly get together to enjoy the great outdoors, fun and exercise with a group of like-minded community members. Each outing is hosted by a pet industry expert who will speak about a topic of interest to participants.
Fun and Games for Your Dog
Interactive and Stimulating
When the weather is not suitable for outside play, we bring the fun inside. Our professional team comes loaded with games, toys and treats on days when dog walking is not possible. Your pet will engage in interactive play through stimulating puzzles and other toys including Cheerio Toss, 5 in 1 Activity Center, Flip Board, Laser Light Tag, Treasure Hunt, Cup Game, Muffin Tin Game and more! We provide all supplies and treats (please let us know if your pet has any food allergies). You will receive a full update on your pet’s fun, including pictures.
Ready to schedule a Meet & Greet?
We want to meet with you and your pets to learn about their routine, their likes and dislikes, any special needs and show you how we can offer the best care possible while you are at work or on vacation.