Payment for Services
Our payment for services process is outlined below.
Meet & Greets – We offer clients a complimentary first Meet & Greet which normally lasts 45 minutes with a manager. Occasionally, we will schedule a 2nd complimentary Meet & Greet if we feel one is needed. This is common with special needs pets. Should you request an additional Meet & Greet, the cost is $23 and will be charged to your credit card on file.
Weekly Pet Care Services – Clients must add a valid credit card number to their account in the online portal prior to scheduling pet care visits. Invoices are generated twice a month and are due on the 6th and 21st of every month. Your credit card on file will be charged twice a month on or immediately following the due date.
Vacation Pet Care Services – Clients must add a valid credit card number to their account in the online portal prior to scheduling vacation pet care visits. If you have booked pet care services with us for a set period of more than two days, a 25% non-refundable deposit will be charged to the card on file to hold your reservation. If you have booked service for a holiday or peak vacation week, a 50% non-refundable deposit will be charged to the card on file to hold your reservation. The remaining balance will be charged to your card on file one week prior to the first pet care visit. The non-refundable deposit guarantees your spot on the pet care schedule. If your vacation is canceled due to extenuating circumstances, a credit to your account or a refund may be offered. Please contact us at 603-815-2453 if you need to request a refund.
We discourage clients from paying by check or cash so that employees do not need to carry back to the main office. If you would like to leave a tip, however, please feel free to do so. (See Tipping below.)
Tipping – tipping is always appreciated but never expected. Tips are split among team members who provide pet care service to you during your scheduled visits. Our team members work hard to care for your pets and your home. They are trained to anticipate needs, and to ensure that your experience with It Takes a Village Pet Care has brought you peace of mind while away from your fur babies. If we have done a good job, please let us know! If you would like a tip added to your credit card, please advise at least one day prior to your invoice due date. Thank you!
It Takes a Village Pet Care understands that schedules and needs change and that last-minute cancellations happen.
- For Weekly Pet Care Services, please alert us at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance of your scheduled weekday visit if you need to cancel or reschedule during a non-holiday or non-peak period vacation time*. If canceling a service scheduled on the weekend, please alert us at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance if you need to cancel or reschedule. In cases of inclement weather (snow, sleet, freezing rain) or sickness, cancellations must be received by 8am the morning of your scheduled pet care visit. No refund if the appropriate cancellation notice is not given.
- For Vacation Pet Care Services, please alert us at least one (1) week in advance of your first scheduled pet care visit if you need to cancel or reschedule. No refund if the appropriate cancellation notice is not given. The non-refundable deposit will NOT be returned or credited if all services are canceled
*During peak period vacation times and major holidays, please alert us at least one (1) week in advance if your pet care visiting schedule will change. This allows us to accommodate other clients who may be on a waiting list. Failure to notify us at least one (1) week in advance, will result in the loss of all fees paid.
Peak Vacation Times for 2020:
- February 22 – March 1 (School Winter Break)
- April 25 – May 3 (School Spring Break)
- May 23 – 25 (Memorial Day Weekend)
- June 23 – August 30 (Summer Vacation)
- September 5 – 7 (Labor Day Weekend)
- October 10 – 12 (Columbus Day Weekend)
- November 25 – 29 (School Thanksgiving Break)
- December 23, 2020 – January 3, 2021 (School Holiday Break)
Pet care services requested on holidays (listed below) will incur an additional 50% service fee.
Major Holidays: New Year’s Eve and Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Eve and Day
Booking Pet Care Visits
It Takes a Village Pet Care can accommodate most pet care requests, including last-minute ones (for an additional fee)*. However, to ensure proper pet care coverage, please book at least one (1) week in advance.
- For clients who use our Weekly Pet Care Services and would like to change their days and/or time, please request at least one (1) month in advance. If you cannot give a one-month notice, every effort will be made to accommodate your changes, but a waiting period may occur. If you have occasional changes those can usually be accommodated.
- For clients who use our Vacation Pet Care Services, please book your pet care needs with us as far in advance as possible. In the summer months and during peak vacation and holidays, our schedule fills very quickly. We recommend at least two weeks in advance or more when possible to ensure we can accommodate your request.
*When scheduling a WEEKDAY pet care visit, please give at least 24 hours’ notice. Less than a 24 hours’ notice on a weekday will result in an additional fee of $3.00/visit (may be waived if an emergency).
*When scheduling a WEEKEND pet care visit, please give at least 48 hours’ notice. Less than a 48 hours’ notice on a weekend will result in an additional fee of $6.00/visit (may be waived if an emergency).
We will make every effort to accommodate last-minute bookings for existing customers; schedule and weather permitting.
Upon booking a Meet & Greet, you will be emailed a New Client Info Packet outlining our complete list of Terms and Conditions.