Payment for Services
Our payment for services process is outlined below:
- Virtual Meet & Greets – We offer clients a complimentary virtual Meet & Greet with a pet care manager, which normally lasts 30-45 minutes. Follow up will be conducted by the primary pet care provider on your team to schedule a 15-minute personal introduction with your pet.
- Weekly Pet Care Services – Clients must add a valid credit card number to their account in the online portal prior to scheduling pet care visits. Invoices are generated on the first day of every month and are due on the first day of service every two weeks. This means you will have either 2 or 3 invoices due each month depending on how many weeks are in the month. Your credit card on file will be charged on the due date or immediately following the due date.
- Vacation Pet Care Services – Clients must add a valid credit card number to their account in the online portal prior to scheduling vacation pet care visits. If you have booked pet care services with us for a set period of more than two days, a 25% non-refundable deposit will be charged to the card on file to hold your reservation. If you have booked service for a holiday or peak vacation week, a 50% non-refundable deposit will be charged to the card on file to hold your reservation. The remaining balance will be charged to your card on file one week prior to the first pet care visit. The non-refundable deposit guarantees your spot on the pet care schedule. If your vacation is canceled due to extenuating circumstances (i.e. covid-19), a credit to your account or a refund may be offered. Please contact us at 603-815-2453 if you need to request a refund for an extenuating circumstance.
We discourage clients from paying for services by check or cash so that employees do not need to carry back to the main office. If you would like to leave a tip, however, please feel free to do so. (See Tipping below.)
- Tipping – tipping is always appreciated but never expected. Tips are split among team members who provide pet care service to you during your scheduled visits. Our team members work hard to care for your pets and your home. They are trained to anticipate needs, and to ensure that your experience with It Takes a Village Pet Care has brought you peace of mind while away from your fur babies. If we have done a good job, please let us know! The best way to tip your pet care team is via cash (in sealed envelopes) or by check made out personally to the team member(s). If you would like a tip added to your credit card, you can include at any time to your invoice. Tips paid by credit card are disbursed to your pet care team monthly less taxes, worker’s comp fees and credit card fees. To ensure your pet care team receives 100% of the tip, the best disbursement method is via cash or check.
It Takes a Village Pet Care understands that schedules and needs change and that last-minute cancellations happen. To cancel your pet services, visit the client portal at timetopet.com/portal/ittakesavillagenh and request a cancellation directly through the scheduler. Cancellations will NOT be accepted by any other method in order to eliminate confusion and mistakes. Please refer to the Private & Secure Online Client Portal section of this document for instructions on cancelling services.
- Weekly Pet Care Services – Please alert us at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance of your scheduled weekday visit if you need to cancel or reschedule during a non-holiday or non-peak period vacation time*. If canceling a service scheduled on the weekend, please alert us at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance if you need to cancel or reschedule. In cases of inclement weather (snow, sleet, freezing rain) or sickness, cancellations must be received by 8am the morning of your scheduled pet care visit. No refund if the appropriate cancellation notice is not given.
- *During peak period vacation times and major holidays, please alert us at least one (1) week in advance if your pet care visiting schedule will change. This allows us to accommodate other clients who may be on a waiting list. Failure to notify us at least one (1) week in advance, will result in the loss of all fees paid.
- Vacation Pet Care Services – Please alert us at least one (1) week in advance of your first scheduled pet care visit if you need to cancel or reschedule. No refund if the appropriate cancellation notice is not given. The non-refundable deposit will NOT be returned or credited if all services are canceled. If your vacation plans are canceled due to covid-19, please call (603) 815-2453 to request a refund.
- Peak Vacation Times for 2020:
- February 22 – March 1 (School Winter Break)
- April 25 – May 3 (School Spring Break)
- May 23 – 25 (Memorial Day Weekend)
- June 23 – August 30 (Summer Vacation)
- September 5 – 7 (Labor Day Weekend)
- October 10 – 12 (Columbus Day Weekend)
- November 25 – 29 (School Thanksgiving Break)
- December 23, 2020 – January 3, 2021 (School Holiday Break)
- Holiday Pet Care Services – Pet care services requested on major holidays (listed below) will incur an additional 50% service fee.
- New Year’s Eve and Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Eve and Day
Scheduling Pet Care Visits
It Takes a Village Pet Care can accommodate most pet care requests, including last minute ones – schedule and weather permitting (see Additional Costs). To ensure pet care coverage, it is recommended that you schedule services at least one (1) week in advance. All pet care services must be requested directly through the client pet care portal located at timetopet.com/portal/ittakesavillagenh. Please refer to the Private & Secure Online Client Portal section of this document for instructions on scheduling services.
- Weekly Pet Care Services – For clients who use our Weekly Pet Care Services and would like to change their days and/or time, please request at least one (1) month in advance. If you cannot give a one-month notice, every effort will be made to accommodate your changes, but a waiting period may occur. If you have occasional changes those can usually be accommodated.
- Leashes/Collars – All dogs will be required to be on leash during outdoor walks/bathroom breaks. Dogs must also be equipped with a properly fitting harness. Client is responsible for supplying a leash and harness/collar. Collars must have pet identification on them. If your dog pulls when being walked, a front clip harness will be required.
- Vacation Pet Care Services – For clients who use our Vacation Pet Care Services, please book your pet care needs with us as far in advance as possible. In the summer months and during peak vacation and holidays, our schedule fills very quickly. We recommend at least two weeks in advance or more when possible to ensure we can accommodate your request.
- Minimum Visit Policy (dogs) – It Takes a Village Pet Care has a minimum visit policy for the health and well-being of our client’s dogs. Client’s dogs must be visited at least every 6-7 hours (we strongly recommend every 4-6 hours). For dogs, we require a minimum of 3 daily visits between the hours of 7am and 9pm. Visit times are approximate and subject to change based on the needs of all pets under the care of It Takes a Village Pet Care.
- Minimum Visit Policy (cats) – It Takes a Village Pet Care has a minimum visit policy for the health and well-being of our client’s cats and other pets. Client’s cats must be visited at least one time per day. Visit times are approximate and subject to change based on the needs of all pets under the care of It Takes a Village Pet Care.
If you request pet care services, our New Client Info Packet will be emailed to you which includes our rates and complete Service Agreement & Liability Policy.