Our payment for services process is outlined below.
Weekly Pet Care Services – Customers must add a valid credit card number to their account in the online portal. Invoices are emailed every 2 weeks on a Monday and are due Friday of the same week. Invoices that have not been paid by the Friday deadline are automatically charged to the credit card on file, including a 2.9% + $.30 credit card processing fee. Invoices paid by check or cash will not incur the credit card processing fee.
Vacation Pet Care Services – Customers must add a valid credit card number to their account in the online portal. If you have booked pet care services with us for a set period of more than two days, a 25% non-refundable deposit is due to hold your reservation. If you have booked service for a holiday or peak vacation week, a 50% non-refundable deposit is due. Payment in full must be received at least one week prior to your first scheduled visit, otherwise, we will automatically charge the credit card on file, including a 2.9% + $.30 credit card processing fee. Invoices paid by check or cash will not incur the credit card processing fee. If less than two days are booked, payment in full is expected prior to your first scheduled visit.
Tipping – tipping is always appreciated but never expected. Tips are split among team members who provide pet care service to you during your scheduled visits over a set period of time. Our team members work hard to care for your pets and your home. They are trained to anticipate needs to ensure that your experience with It Takes a Village Pet Care has brought you peace of mind while away from your fur babies. If we have done a good job, please let us know!
It Takes a Village Pet Care understands that schedules and needs change and that last-minute cancellations happen.
- For Weekly Pet Care Services, please alert us at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance of your scheduled weekday visit if you need to cancel or reschedule during a non-holiday or non-peak period vacation time*. If canceling a service scheduled on the weekend, please alert us at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance if you need to cancel or reschedule. In cases of inclement weather (snow, sleet, freezing rain) or sickness, cancellations must be received by 8am the morning of your scheduled pet care visit. No refund if the appropriate cancellation notice is not given.
- For Vacation Pet Care Services, please alert us at least one (1) week in advance of your first scheduled pet care visit if you need to cancel or reschedule. No refund if the appropriate cancellation notice is not given. The non-refundable deposit will NOT be returned or credited if all services are canceled
*During peak period vacation times and major holidays, please alert us at least one (1) week in advance if your pet care visiting schedule will change. This allows us to accommodate other customers who may be on a waiting list. Failure to notify us at least one (1) week in advance, will result in the loss of all fees paid.
Peak Vacation Times for 2019:
- February 23 – March 3 (School Winter Break)
- April 20 – 28 (School Spring Break)
- May 24 – 27 (Memorial Day Weekend)
- June 24 – August 30 (Summer Vacation)
- August 30 – September 2 (Labor Day Weekend)
- October 11 – 14 (Columbus Day Weekend)
- November 20 – 24 (School Thanksgiving Break)
- December 21, 2019 – January 1, 2020 (School Holiday Break)
Pet care services requested on holidays (listed below) will incur an additional 50% service fee.
Major Holidays: New Year’s Eve and Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Eve and Day
Booking Pet Care Visits
It Takes a Village Pet Care can accommodate most pet care requests, including last minute ones (additional fee). However, to ensure proper pet care coverage, please book at least one (1) week in advance.
- For customers who use our Weekly Pet Care Services and would like to change their days and/or time, please request at least one (1) month in advance. If you cannot give a one-month notice, every effort will be made to accommodate your changes, but a waiting period may occur. If you have occasional changes those can usually be accommodated.
- For customers who use our Vacation Pet Care Services, please book your pet care needs with us as far in advance as possible. In the summer months and during peak vacation and holidays, our schedule fills very quickly. We recommend at least two weeks in advance or more when possible to ensure we can accommodate your request.
Upon booking a Meet & Greet, you will be emailed a New Customer Info Packet outlining our complete list of Terms and Conditions.