November 7, 2018
This is Part 2 in our ongoing series of What is a Professional Pet Sitter? In Part 1, we addressed Business Registration and Certification.
A professional pet sitting company should ALWAYS carry insurance. There are too many potential risks in this industry to not have the proper coverage and protection in place. It Takes a Village Pet Care carries the following insurance to ensure the safety of our team as well as the pets in our care and our customer’s homes.
- General Liability to protect against third-party claims for bodily injury or property damage arising from negligence on behalf of you, your employees or independent contractors.
- Care, Custody or Control provides coverage for the client’s pets and client’s personal property in your care, custody or control. This also covers pets while in transport in a vehicle, pet taxi or other means. This policy covers all independent contractors, employees and volunteers. Veterinary medical expenses are also included in CCC Coverage and the policy pays claims regardless of the negligence/fault for accidental injuries to pets.
- Bonding to protect against dishonest acts committed by you, your employees or independent contractors such as theft of property or money.
- Workers Compensation to protect you and your team from injuries you incur arising out of your work, including medical bills, loss wages, and indemnity payments.
- Non-Owned Auto coverage covers your business against claims arising from auto accidents involving your employees and/or independent contractors’ personal vehicles.
We are happy to provide proof of insurance at any time to a customer or prospective customer that needs peace of mind in knowing we have got you covered!
In Part 3 of What is a Professional Pet Sitter?, we will discuss employee background checks.